Friday, April 28, 2006

The Wicker Man


In this extremely overrated cult favorite, Edward Woodward plays the devote Christian police officer investigating the disaperence of a young girl. His search leads him to a pagen cult inhabiting a sceneic coastal town. The citizen's carefree, hedonistic escapades are of stark contrast to Woodward's Bible- thumping lifestyle. They gallop about devoid of clothing, freak dance in rowdy bars and keep roaches on leashes in desks (I'm not making that up, I swear). With deeper investigation, he sees the cult is much more sinister than their flower-child facde. A fab-o performance from P.I.M.P Woodward saves this from the lowest rating, but the film as a whole still ceases to impress. Cinefantastique states this movie as being "the 'Citizen Kane' of horror films". LIES!!!! (*1/2 out of ****)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
badgerdaddy said...

Oh man, that is a harsh review... You wouldn't be American, by any chance, would you?

I'm not asking because I'm anti-American, more because the only people I know who do not like Wicker Man are ALL American!

Anonymous said...

Wicker Man is da bomb, ya'all!

Anonymous said...

I wonder why Nic accepted the role of Edward Malus.......


[Proud of Roland Emmerich]

Anonymous said...

I am American and this is one of my favorite films...who doesn't like a horror musical? I just felt bad when the remark came out...I am not sure if I want to even see that...

This film is perfect from beginning to end and the first time I saw it, the ending creeped me out...I thought he would get out of the Wicker Man...

I am also pagan...so a film where the pagans win and get their crops to grow is a winner! :)

Anonymous said...

I meant remake on my last comment...not remark!