Wednesday, April 18, 2007

So it's Eli Roth's birthday today....


Eli Roth, the director of Hostel and Cabin Fever turns 35 years young on this day. While I didn't give Cabin Fever a very good review, I do think that Roth has a huge potential to save horror films. If you've ever seen an interview with him, you'll see that he knows a ton about horror films and is influenced by all the greats (Tobe Hooper, George Romero etc). He's also a fan of Asian horror, which is apprent since he made Hostel. I respect him for not selling out and going down the PG-13 path (PG-13 films always make more money, but have to be more heavily censored). And if you haven't seen his Thanksgiving trailer in Grindhouse, you must. It was hysterical! So lets raise a glass to the man and hope he doesn't ever start making manufactured PG-13 films!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can phrase that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is stationary a question as you did in the downgrade delivery of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=1 click dvd copy 5.4.1.4 ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you procure not used. Or you functioning the dreary methods of promotion of the resource. I take a week and do necheg