Monday, November 07, 2005

The Amityville Horror


The only mystery in this bomb is trying to figure out if Stuart Rosenberg was trying to make a quality horror film or an alternative for a sleeping pill. The story centers around the infamous haunted house and a family trying to figure out what the evil forces in their house want from them. James Brolin plays the sweaty, hairy Brawny man wannabe husband and Margot Kidder is the nerve-gratting , lipless wife. The only scary part of the film is a 70's, acid induced love scene between the two. Corney effects, cheesey blood floods, and horrific acting and directing make this one to avoid. Or like I said, if you can't sleep...... (* out of ****)

Recomendations- The Haunting, House on Haunted Hill, Poltergeist.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the hell? I thought this movie was great. I like the filming in the movie a lot. I enjoyed it to say the least.

Chris said...

I was bored to tears by this, and its awful remake.

Gorky said...

I agree the original was a snoozefest. The re-make though I liked alot. Biased maybe - I'm a Ryan Ryanolds fan. Not that he's a GREAT actor but I can usually expect to have fun with his work. Had fun with this!
P.S. I mean really; homicidal killers are so cute!

Anonymous said...

....i love this movie, even though i saw it on a pirated version
Reynolds is perfect, and Melissa as well acted great...

D.U.K - This was the last picture Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer released though....