Thursday, October 20, 2005

The Funhouse



One of Tobe Hooper's best Friday-night slasher flicks. Four teens attend a local fair and decide to stay the night in the main attraction- the funhouse. They come to find they made a VERY big mistake. Hooper generates some good quality suspense and scares in the claustrophobic setting, although highly disapointing monster make-up leaves you unsatisfied after waiting so long to see the killer's real face. Alas, it's a must-watch for the Halloween season.

1 comment:

Brendan McKnight said...

I watched this movie on A&E (in Canada) when I was about 8 or 9 years old, after a halloween weekend camp. Why they were showing Funhouse on A&E is beyond me. Then they showed it a year later, again after a halloween weekend camp. From then on, I expected it to be on the same channel, on the same weekend, but it never happened again. Sucks for me, because I remember being freaked out, but I don't remember why. Except the fat laughing lady - I remember her now, thanks to john here.